It’s finally happened. NYC is BURIED in snow. There are big puddles of death at every street corner deep enough to swim in. I am ashamed to say I wore Uggs (and shall later inflict self-punishment for even owning them) and they are annihilated. The patches of snow on sidewalks in front of certain buildings are threatening to have me on my derriere before the day is over. What is a poor little fashionista to do?
Those on the runway would suggest this:
Karl, I applaud the effort. These are beautiful garments, but feel free to laugh with me. Apparently her knees require no protection from the surrounding ice structures. And I assume the fashionista that wears this ensemb didn’t kill those animals herself nor is she the kind of gal who will be trudging through the murky sidewalks of Herald Square anytime soon.
For us lowly citizens, might I suggest the following:
And a purdy view of our beloved park.
Gloves via Rag and Bone. Boots via Blondo. Hat via Max Studio. Not my ideal outfit but you gotta do what you gotta do.
Alert the hounds.
SALE at Bergdorf’s. Check it out before the sweet designer goods are whisked away into the carts of BG’s regulars. Here are a few notables from the online 5F section:
1) Marc by MJ Louisa Oversize Panel Top metallic AND breezy. I’ll take two.
2) Current/Elliot Cotton Cropped Twill Cargos cropped, military-esque, olive/neutral, and COMFY. Let’s kill all the birds with this stone
3) Elie Tahari Hadley Metallic Wrap Skirt bright orange with metallic detail. Tres chic.
4) Elizabeth and James Herringbone James Shorts cas, loose fit, perfectly paired with tights. Shorts-lovers’ dream.
So it seems that mermaid is in, legs are out. Good news for the Ariels of the world. Hide beneath the elegant tides of this delectable treat from Haute Hippe. It screams of taste, class, and no need to shave.
The reasons for my lust are 3-fold:
1) It is camel (caramel, nude, neutral, etc) toned. Trend check.
2) The maxi is the new mini, the new pant, the new legging for spring. And this is an uber-maxi. Trend check two.
3) The adjustable drawstring and forgiving silk beats the heck out of an elastic jersey waist. Figure check.
See, fall in love, and attempt to duplicate:
Newest obsession, craving, desire, lust: Tribal jewelry. Only those pieces with sharp enough points to ward off vampires and ex-boyfriends (not necessarily mutually exclusive) and/or the creep in the elevator are worthy contenders. Summon the spirit of the ancient tribes with colors and patterns (and spikes) fit for performing rain dances to the beat of the buffalo skin drum.
Take these, from
1) House of Harlow
2) Lulu Frost (LOVE LUST DROOL)
3) Pamela Love
Let your imagination go wild. Embrace the feisty spirit within this style. Pair with anything from equally-loud patterns to plain LBDs to a t-shirt and jeans.